Pre-Arrangement with Memorial Alternatives
During our lives we plan for many special events and ceremonies: education, graduations, weddings, having a family, birthdays, vacations, anniversaries, and especially our retirement. However, many neglect to plan for the ceremony that reflects the completion of life- the funeral. Life involves passages... and everything, and everyone with a beginning has an ending. We discuss our plans for the future with those who we share our lives, but death and funerals we ignore, putting it off until the need arises.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PRE-PLANNING?
- You are able to make rational and logical decisions. When it does come time to plan a funeral, there can be stress, apprehension, and even confusion. Pre-planning for one's death is not a preoccupation with death, but a sincere desire to be helpful to those who are involved with saying their good-byes. Making tomorrow's decisions today is a loving way of giving rational and logical guidance to those we must leave.
- The assurance that your wishes are known. The first step is to get together with your family. Offer your thoughts and then listen carefully. Give others ideas special attention. Since your funeral will most directly affect your family, it is essential to include their suggestions in your plan.
- It will ease a possible financial burden on others. You can select the services and merchandise according to your wishes, spiritual beliefs, as well as for financial means, by either pre-paying for the services or completing all the necessary paperwork ahead of time.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN MAKING PRE-ARRANGEMENTS?
- Arrange a conference time. Arrangements can be made at our facility, in your home, or on line (see either arranging for burial or arranging for cremation).
- Placing your information on file. We will keep on file the copies of the forms needed for making you personal arrangements. The information includes vital statistics and interests such as birth date and place, parent's names, occupation, education, your hobbies and club memberships. Your file may include discharge papers from the military or a special verse to be placed upon a memorial folder.
You will indicate your choice of services. Funeral or memorial service, burial, cremation, entombment or transfer to another city.
- You may want to make specific selections. The selection of a casket or cremation container, a burial or urn vault, an urn, flowers, and a monument or memorial marker, all are available for your selection.
- Arrange for pre-payment. The services do not have to be pre-paid. However, if you decide to pre-pay, the costs of the funeral home services and the merchandise selected will be gauranteed. A trust account, or an insurance policy, would be set up in your name. Payment can be made at one time or by monthly payments.
WHAT ADVANTAGE IS THERE FOR ME TO PRE-PAY MY FUNERAL SERVICES?
- Alleviates any financial responsibility on your survivors.
- Guarantees that the pre-paid services of the Funeral Home and selected merchandise are paid in full no matter when the funeral is needed.
- Versatility. Our single, or monthly payment plan is transferable to any funeral home in the world, plus the accumulated interest is transferred should another Funeral Home be selected for services.
Allows the sheltering of funds for funeral expenses and still be eligible for Medicaid. Under existing Medicaid rules, pre-paying of funeral expenses is allowed and uncountable as an asset by the State of Michigan when consideration for Medicaid is being made.